Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What this is all about...

This little blog is my newest project in the blogosphere and it is something I have been considering doing for quite some time in one form or another.  Many of you will know me as Chic Mama or Mama Kenz from Mama Kenz Studio.  I am also the mama behind The World According to R-Man, and The Lion Cub.

"The Research Years" has come into existence to fill my longing to create an honest letter of love to my future daughter-in-laws and hopefully daughters as well!  There are so many things that I want them to be able to see about my life now, in all of its reality, so that years from now they can see for themselves what my life was truly like, how I dealt with things, and hopefully not bear the burden of thinking they have some unrealistic expectation to live up to.  It will also give my sons a nice little reality check to look back on and not think that they grew up with super-mom and project that image on their wives (cause let's be honest, even when their mothers aren't super, men have a tendency of remembering them that way!). 

Along the way I also hope to share with them the tips, tricks, recipes and revelations I learn along this journey, as well as the prayers and thoughts that I have for them now that I may just plain old forget by the time I meet them!

So, my dear hopeful daughters and daughter-in-laws to be,

Know that even now, at the age of 25 with 3 1/2 year old and 4 month old sons, I am thinking of you and hoping for the best for you.  I know that we will not always see eye-to-eye and there will likely be times we just don't get along!  But, dear DILs, it is my hope that I will prepare my sons in such a way for you in the coming years that you will know I loved you even now.

And my hopeful daughters, I pray that I am able to teach and prepare you for life so that you will have less to figure out than I have and that you will glean from the honesty and humility I hope to express to you through this blog!

I give you all my deepest love.

I commit you to the Lord in prayer.

I dearly hope that you will enjoy and relate to my trials, joys and experiments in the ins and outs of life as a wife and mom.

After all, these are The Research Years!

All My Love and Honesty!
Mama Kenz

3 comments:

  1. This is the coolest idea EVER! ...love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have TEARS in my eyes. I LOVE THIS. This is such a fabulous idea, especially coming from the mom of boys-for future DILs. Wow, I can't wait to read along with you and be inspired. Thanks for following God's lead to start this and to share it publicly with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said and very touching. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete