Saturday, April 10, 2010

Who I am now...


Dear Kids... no, that's not right.  By the time you read this you won't be kids anymore, you'll be (dun, dun, dun) adults.  Weird.  And goodness know I loathe being called, "Kid"- it's so condescending. Hmmm... how should I refer to you then?  A dilemma, indeed.  Well, maybe I will just have to change it up as I go!  For today, though, I guess I will just say-

My Dear Loves (endearing, hm?  By the way, this is meant to include both my children and their spouses),

As of today I am approximately 3 weeks from my 26th birthday (April 29, 1984- hurry, go mark your calendar so you don't forget!  Don't worry if you do though- I won't give you too hard a time.  And honestly, I would probably give your father a much harder time for such an indiscretion than I would you guys!). 

I am currently the mother of two little boys here on earth- R-Man who is about to turn 4 and Lion Cub who just turned 10 months yesterday.  I also miscarried a little boy we named Micah at 10 1/2 weeks in November of 2008.  I thought that I would do well adjusting to having two children.  I was well prepared.  Everything was organized and ready for Lion Cub's arrival.  However, after 10 months I am finally realizing that the only one of us who has actually done a spectacular job of adjusting is R-Man. 

R-Man has been so laid back and go with the flow (for the most part anyway) as far as Lion Cub is concerned, I am sometimes left in complete awe!  His incessant screaming never seems to fluster or annoy R-Man in the least, he doesn't even bat an eyelash (even for hours on end in the car!), and he is so quick to help when I ask that I truly need to be more grateful for his demeanor than I am!  He is a spunky hip-hop star with a personality that can hardly be contained in that little 3'4", 31 lb body!

Lion Cub is adorable and a little shy, on the other hand.  He demands lots of attention and has been a challenge to me these past 10 months.  I love him dearly but sometimes I have no idea what to do with him!  He can melt my heart and drive me crazy within a two minute period, but at least now that he is getting a little older and starting to really play I am seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.

I think one of the hardest things to adjust to has been the age gap between the two boys- just over three years (which was never what I had planned).  I went from a fairly self-sufficient 3 year old all the way back to the starting gate and that proved to be a very difficult transition.  My hope is to have our next child/children a bit closer together but I also want to not have to "try" this time and just let it happen in the Lord's timing.

Hmmmm... what else about me.  I have been a DONA trained Birth and Postpartum Doula for about a year and a half now which has been very rewarding.  I have attended 5 (almost 6- she had him to fast!) births but haven't been to any since Lion Cub was born & probably won't be attending any more in the near future since it is rather difficult with young kiddos.  It is something I hope to keep up on, though, and be able to get back into more once they are grown.

Whatever free time I have (and sometimes not so free, but I find myself doing it anyway- shame on me!  Hey, I said I was going to be honest!) I usually spend blogging, reading or crafting.  Typically, all three hobbies overlap each other, as I review lots of books on my blogs and love sharing my crafts through my blog as well.  I just recently finished a challenge to read the Bible in 90 days (high rewarding but a ton of work!) and have now embarked on reading my first Jane Austen Novel (Sense & Sensibility). 

And to finish off today's post I thought I would give you a few little pieces of trivia- I love Snapple White Raspberry Tea and Starbuck's Coffee Frappacinos, and I loathed the color pink until I had boys and now it is my favorite (over compensating I guess!).

More to come!  I love you all!

blog comments powered by Disqus