Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Hope Chest for your Daughter-in-Law-( for my readers)

Along with having a lot of things I want to remember to say to my future daughter-in-laws, there are also a lot of things I want to remember to give to them- things that have impacted my life that I hope to share with them as well.  I don't have a chest yet, and mostly only have ideas of what I want it to contain, but over the years I hope to collect a variety of things that will be not only sentimental but helpful.


Here are just a few ideas of things that you could include in a hope chest for your future daughter-in-laws:

  • Special books that you have enjoyed or found helpful (such as The Love Dare)
  • A special or homemade tablecloth & napkin set
  • A cute, handmade apron (this one I plan to make once I meet her someday so it fits her style!)
  • A vintage floral vase
  • A journal for her to write letters to her future daughters or daughter-in-laws
  • A family cookbook (okay- so this one will be covered by my blog, but you could also do a nice handwritten version, or a nice box of family recipe cards)



Obviously, this is just scratching the surface- there are so many more ideas I am sure you can all come up with!  As I think of things I plan to put them in the sidebar so you all have ideas always at your finger tips (right over there --------->).  I would also love if you would share some of your ideas with me (and the rest of my readers) in a comment!

blog comments powered by Disqus